Towards an integrative and comprehensive standard for meta-omics data of collection objects (MOD-CO)
These pages are normally hostet in the Biowikifarm in Berlin. Due to a cyber attack the site is not available at the moment (November 2023). This page is only a redirection to the Internet Archive (archive.org)
For the deposition of molecular sequence and array data, a number of standards exist. However, the elaboration of a comprehensive standard (schema, vocabularies) for the assignment of any kind of meta-omics data to reference samples in natural history and living culture collections is still missing. The aim of the project is to select and categorize – on the background of a wide spectrum of methods – relevant descriptors from a wide range of procedural analysis protocols to set up a standard under avoidance of structural redundancy. Furthermore, descriptors belonging to related data domains will be evaluated and – if relevant – allocated to the new conceptual schema. Based on existing concepts and standards integrative controlled vocabularies will be elaborated to describe the full spectrum of observation and measurement elements as well as the procedural steps in the frame of the meta-omics characterization of environmental collection samples. The data names space schema with vocabularies will be exemplarily implemented in the Diversity Workbench and in the SILVA/megx.net management system and published in collaboration with the standardization committees of TDWG and GSC.
MOD-CO Products are
- Terms and Concepts
- Schema Representations and Schema Namespace in Numbers
- Implementations and Use Cases
- DWB Models and Schemes
- Mehr Verständnis durch Struktur – Umweltproben an naturhistorischen Sammlungen analysieren. Interview in Journal Laborpraxis 10, October 2014
- Umweltproben an naturhistorischen Sammlungen – ein neues Forschungsprojekt entwickelt Standards zur Erschließung forschungsrelevanter Information. SNSB Press Release, June 3rd, 2014.
- New Knowledge from Old Collections: DFG Supports Indexing and Digitisation of Research-Relevant Objects. DFG Press Release No. 5, March 11th, 2014.
Starting with 2014 the project "Towards an integrative and comprehensive standard for meta-omics data of collection objects (MOD-CO)" was funded under the LIS infrastructure platform. [GL 553/6-1; RA 731/16-1; TR 290/8-1]. The DFG financial support ended in 2018.